Friday, July 13, 2007

Campuses


May 21, 2007 - The main gate of the Shida University campus. On the gate is full name of the university: Xue Da Fan Shi Wan Tai Li Guo. Crap, probably no one got that joke. That's actually backwards. I practice being able to read it fluently backwards to get a rise out of cute Taiwanese chicks, but, alas, to no avail. Yet.


Looks like a department graduation pic outside the Taida Main Library. Oh hey, and you can see the two cubes of the Casablanca art exhibit in the distance, right in front of the library.

Here's a boring camera shot of the Casablanca thing in front of the library from this side of it. I would think that I would have shot it from this side, but it just never came up. Lomo fisheye shooting is pretty spontaneous and rarely planned (says I as I'm about to embark on a project to make sure I finish the current roll before I go back to the U.S. next Friday)

iTunes soundtrack:
1. 1542 (Mary Timony)
2. Secret Journey (The Police)
3. Graffiti (Throwing Muses)
4. Hot Fun in the Summer Time (Sly & the Family Stone)
5. Love Like Ours (Elastica)
6. Duke's End (Genesis)
7. Mabudi' (檳榔兄弟 - Taiwanese aboriginal)
8. Shine (Django Reinhardt)
9. Destroyer (The Kinks)
10. Roxie ("Chicago")

2 comments:

joyce said...

your school campus is so nice! that main gate reminds me of SF chinatown. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey yea, I hadn't noticed how much the Chinese are into gates and they look like Chinatown. But I guess that makes sense since everywhere's a Chinatown in China.