Thursday, July 19, 2007
May 26, 2007 - Kaohsiung, Taiwan. I guess this is still part of the harbor. It's a mixed use area of the harbor near its mouth. There's a lot of new development going on in this area, bringing in a more diversified crowd. I doubt photos can convey how searing hot it is in Kaohsiung at midday. Those trees with the red flowers on top apparently bloom in this kinda of weather.
On the other side of the mountain in the back is Shiziwan Bay and Sun Yat-Sen University, so there are a lot of students that hang out in this area. Behind me are shaved ice shops with shaved ice bigger than my head. Um, literally, not figuratively. Usually groups of people order those, so although I wouldn't have minded diving into a bowl of shaved ice that size, I would be a bit too embarassed to. Besides, those shops are always packed to the rafters. Alas, I yap and yap about it, but have no shots of it. Lame.
1. Sweet Pea (Seam)
2. Stagnation (Genesis)
3. Mayonaka wa Junketsu (Shiina Ringo)
4. Doo Wop (That Thing) (Lauryn Hill)
5. Speed is the Key (The Sugarcubes)
6. Vic (Throwing Muses)
7. Harlem 125 (The Bubble Gum Brothers)
8. Love (Makes Me Do Foolish Things) (Martha Reeves & the Vandellas)
9. Hang Onto Yourself (David Bowie)
10. If I Were Your Woman (Gladys Knight & the Pips)