Friday, September 07, 2007

commute photo essay - riverside bikeways VI


Jingmei Evacuation Gate No. 2. I don't know if the evacuation means, like, evacuating people, or evacuating as in evacuating one's bowels. Obviously it has something to do with flooding and water, but I don't know if it means people going one way, or water going the other. But if the river's on this side, why would water on the other side be a threat? Life's mysteries.

This was also the starting line for all my runs until I got my new bike. Funny how I stopped running immediately after I got it. This is about a kilometer from my building, so it was a good warm up getting here.


This is just past the evacuation gate, you can see the railing along the bike path in the top lomo. Maybe it has something to do with the evacuation gate. Who friggin' knows? This is Taiwan. Hm, I never noticed that other bridge down there.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Thanks for Christmas (XTC)
2. Like It Or Not (Genesis)
3. . . . Mo Shi Mo (Anzen Chitai)
4. Chant of the Ever-Circling Skeletal Family (David Bowie)
5. Baby's Request (Wings)
6. Milk It (Nirvana)
7. Move On ("Sunday In the Park With George" - Sondheim)
8. I Can't Explain (live) (The Who)
9. Mardi Gras Iko (Chosen Few Brass Band)
10. Back Room (Skip Holiday

No comments: