Tuesday, November 27, 2007

interior spaces


September 19, 2007 - 故宮博物院 The National Palace Museum. I swear it rains every time I go there. Well, it kinda rains whenever I do anything in Taipei. Actually the past year hasn't been that bad. It's been a while since I'd been here, and they had done some remodeling which helped put Chinese history into some organized perspective.

My sister-in-law's older sister was in town visiting with some of her Dutch friends (former colonizers, although not directly), so I went with them.


September 20, 2007 - 高鐵 And then the next day I travelled with them down south on the High Speed Rail. They went to Tainan where my sister-in-law's family is based (and where the Dutch primarily colonized, although not these particular Dutch folk), and I went to Kaohsiung. We were thinking of meeting up down there, but it wasn't to be and this was the last I saw of them.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Now Tonight (Sahara Hotnights)
2. Wabogi Wamimi Lagisaimu 在夜裡 (檳榔兄弟 - Taiwanese aboriginal music)
3. Secret Messages (Electric Light Orchestra)
4. I Think I'm a Mother (PJ Harvey)
5. Ao no Requiem (Chitose Hajime)
6. Money ("Cabaret")
7. Take Me Down (Smashing Pumpkins)
8. Check It Out Ch'all (Paris)
9. Dressing the Wound (Peter Gabriel - "Birdy")
10. Oh! (The Breeders)

No comments: