Thursday, November 15, 2007

Taiwan Rock


August 27, 2007 - This is another reject from the commute essay. I'm standing on a temporary stage that was set up near the exit of the bikeways near Gongguan. The writing reads "Gongguan New World Riverside Pub, Water View Rock". It was every Saturday evening at 6:00 between July 14 and September 1st.

I didn't go most of the time, probably because of rain. I think it rained every day this Summer, but it was bearable for me, a person with acute, suicidal S.A.D., because it only rained in the late afternoon and stopped during the evening. I could deal with that. The one time I did go was OK. I can't say the quality of live rock music is that great here, but it was great that they had this kind of community event. It was funny, though, seeing families and old couples in the audience, digging the young kids rocking out.


The view from the stage. I didn't include these in the lomo essay because it was a temporary thing.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Close To The Edge (Yes)
2. Picture Book (The Kinks)
3. New Disco (Mission of Burma)
4. Spit & Fire (live) (Rainer Maria)
5. Yebo! (Mahlathini & the Mahotella Queens)
6. Sit On My Hands (Frente)
7. Happy Together (The Turtles)
8. You're Gonna Get Yours (Public Enemy)
9. Joking (Indigo Girls)
10. Lonely Butterfly (Rebecca)

No comments: