Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Doraemon redux


January 3, 2008 - While I was back in the U.S., I found that I had $400 in my Paypal account, courtesy of Sadie selling my electric drumset in San Francisco. I used the $400 to buy a new Perry Yung shakuhachi (Japanese style bamboo flute).

I've bought Perry Yung shakuhachis before, and since he's based out of New York, I've had the honor of meeting him while picking up shakuhachis that I bought from him. And I do mean it was an honor meeting him. He's a wonderful person and true to his art, very good energy from him. At this point, I wouldn't buy any other shakuhachis except his.

He gave me this one for the $400 in my Paypal account, even though it was worth $600 on eBay. That's the kind of person he is. Likewise, a previous shakuhachi I won on eBay for $260, I gave him $300 for because I totally support him and felt it was worth that much.

I love this shakuhachi, it plays amazingly well. It's also a coveted root-end shakuhachi that I particularly like. And that's my beloved Doraemon that I don't suppose anyone remembers from my first post featuring my original lomo fisheye:



iTunes soundtrack:
1. The Web (Marillion)
2. To The Bone (The Kinks)
3. Pale Marble Movie (Seam)
4. Electric Blues ("Hair")
5. Glory of the 80s (Tori Amos)
6. Saturday Night (Suede)
7. Giant Steps (Gary Willis)
8. I Hate Him ("Carnival")
9. Pug (Smashing Pumpkins)
10. Paper (Talking Heads)

2 comments:

joyce said...

aw...i remember your doraemon!!

Anonymous said...

remember the hello kitty I gave to redbean before I realized it had a hoodie? I never would have given it to her if I knew. I think I got it and this doraemon at the same time, at Narita Airport. I am glad I kept the Doraemon tho' :D