Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Grand Hotels, Taiwan


May 29, 2007 - Kaohsiung Grand Hotel. It's not as grand as the one in Taipei, but it's been around for a long time, and I think it was pretty darn grand when it was built. It's near Cheng Qing Lake in Kaohsiung.


November 17, 2007 - Taipei Grand Hotel. Its exterior was featured in the early Ang Lee movie "Eat Drink Man Woman" as supposedly where the father worked. See? Problem with my fishography thinking. I shot this thinking traditional composition, but in fisheye, I should have gone right up to it to really get the grandness. Ah, a project that I will have to pursue when I get back to Taipei. I haven't mentioned that I'm in New Jersey now, have I? I go back this Sunday.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. The Company (Fish)
2. Car (live) (Built to Spill)
3. Book of Saturday (King Crimson)
4. Up the Hill Backwards (David Bowie)
5. Don't Wanna Cry (Victor Wooten)
6. Walkin' Shoes (Chet Baker)
7. Sapphire Bullets of Love (They Might Be Giants)
8. What Becomes of the Broken-Hearted (The Funk Brothers w/Joan Osborne)
9. Once Upon a Daydream (The Police)
10. Oceanbound (764-HERO)

No comments: