Tuesday, February 26, 2008
December 9, 2007 - Central Taiwan. A resort constructed to be reminiscent of Europe.
I'm still not shooting anything new. I think I'm bored, but fortunately I'm moving on Sunday. So hopefully my new environment will have me shooting again. I wasn't planning on moving again until I left Taipei, but my cousin's aunt had a place I could move into. The pros and cons of the new place and my current place balance out, which should mean staying put, according to the laws of entropy, but I guess it's time for a change. Somethings always have to change. Or not.
1. Fire on Babylon (Sinead O'Conner)
2. Indian Summer Sky (U2)
3. So Serious (Electric Light Orchestra)
4. San Juan (Sukay - Andean pan flute)
5. I Saw the Light (The The)
6. Hoshi no Umareru Hi (Cocco)
7. Typical Situation (Dave Matthews Band)
8. Time (Rebecca)
9. Animals (Talking Heads)
10. C'mon Billy (PJ Harvey)
Thursday, February 21, 2008
January 10, 2008 - Driving While Lomographing. River Road, Edgewater, New Jersey.
We actually had a sunny day in Taipei, and I still didn't make any headway on the roll that's currently in the 2.
1. Expresso Love (Dire Straits)
2. Funky Monks (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
3. Blow Wind Blow (Tom Waits)
4. Sora Yori Umi Yori (Puri Puri Samba '91) (Princess Princess)
5. Rider on the Stormy Sea (Mary Timony)
6. Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano Trio No. 2, VI. Affectueuse (Claude Bolling/Jean-Pierre Rampal)
7. Let the Loser Melt (live) (Archers of Loaf)
8. Pick It Up, Lay It In the Cut (Sharon Jones & the Dapp Kings)
9. Rock and Roll With Me (David Bowie)
10. Time Stand Still (live) (Rush)
Friday, February 15, 2008
December 31, 2007 - Philadelphia, PA. Random posts of random lomos. Furthermore I'm not shooting anything new. I might run out of shots to post, but actually I think I have a roll of black and white from last year that I never posted here.
I visited my brother, arriving the day before, and thought he had New Years Eve off, but alas he had to work so I didn't get to spend time with him before I headed back to New Jersey. I walked a bit around his neighborhood before taking off. I saw this shot as I walked up to it, and knew I was going to have a problem with the sun behind me, so, well, that's my shadow at the bottom of the tree. I stood behind the tree and wrapped my arms around the tree and shot, trying to be inconspicuous.
1. Call Me (Throwing Muses)
2. Milk It (Nirvana)
3. Mending King (Three Mile Pilot)
4. Tag Team (Noriyuki Makihara)
5. (Meet) The Flintstones (Dirty Dozen Brass Band)
6. Candle (Matisyahu)
7. Lola (live) (The Kinks)
8. Everybody's Got the Right ("Assassins" - Sondheim)
9. Another Nail in My Heart (Squeeze)
10. I Know a Girl ("Chicago")
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
December 20, 2007 - Bryant Park skating rink, New York City. It feels like about this cold in Taipei now, but really it's only 56 degrees. Inside! I'm pretty sure this is unusually cold in Taipei, even for Winter, and it's as cold as I've felt here. At the store today I saw a lot of people buying ceramic space heaters. I was buying Scotch. Someone left a space heater in my apartment, so I have one, but I already have a dehumidifier running most of the time to keep the ceiling from dripping. I only want to imagine what a space heater would do to my utility bill.
1. Funky Li'l Party (Paris)
2. Face On Your Head (100 Watt Smile)
3. What's Ya Take On Cassavettes (Le Tigre)
4. Koi wa I MY ME MINE (Bubble Gum Brothers)
5. Three Hopeful Thoughts (Rilo Kiley)
6. Flying Saucer Dudes (Bela Fleck & the Flecktones)
7. D.J. (David Bowie)
8. Jet Airliner (Paul Pena)
9. Kiseki no Wedding March (Blow Up Mix) (Nokko)
10. The Sinister Minister (live) (Bela Fleck & the Flecktones)
Thursday, February 07, 2008
December 7, 2007 - More of the sheep farm in the mountains of central Taiwan. Not bad.
1. If Only We Could (Shannon Wright)
2. Live During Wartime (live) (Talking Heads)
3. Why I Stay (The Black Heart Procession)
4. Message in a Bottle (live) (The Police)
5. The Cold Part (Modest Mouse)
6. All Things Must Pass (The Beatles - Anthology)
7. Coming Up (Ani DiFranco)
8. Ghost of a Dog (Edie Brickell & New Bohemians)
9. Earn Enough For Us (XTC)
10. West Coast Blues (Wes Montgomery)
Monday, February 04, 2008
November 7, 2007 - Thar be sheep in Taiwan. I think some Australian guy brought these sheep to the mountains of central Taiwan. I guess his passion is sheep. And Taiwanese girls since I think his wife is Taiwanese. Anyway, it's a sheep farm for tourists. Tricky creatures these, I had to sneak up with the 2 and snap this quick or else who knows what he would've done. I wasn't about to hand him my shakuhachi, either.
1. Holloway Jail (The Kinks)
2. Star (live) (David Bowie)
3. Who Is It? (Talking Heads)
4. Warszawa (David Bowie)
5. PDA (Interpol)
6. Sista Sista (Sakura)
7. Soon Forget (Pearl Jam)
8. Misty Mountain Hop (Led Zeppelin)
9. Man in a Suitcase (live) (The Police)
10. Jackie (Sinead O'Connor)
Sunday, February 03, 2008
December 8, 2007 - Aowanda, Taiwan. I think it's a national park in central Taiwan. It was kinda like a mini-Yosemite. No mini-Half Dome, but they did have this mini-Yosemite Falls, and the park was in what looked like a mini-Yosemite Valley. And then later in the day we went to Taiwan's most famous lake, Sun Moon Lake, and that felt like a mini-Tahoe. So, like, Taiwan is a mini-California. I was afraid of looking in the mirror and seeing a mini-me.
long exposures sometimes get funky results.
1. Astronaut (Versus)
2. Heroes in June (Echobelly)
3. 2nd of Feb (Engine Down)
4. Where Have All the Good Times Gone (The Kinks)
5. Yacht Dance (XTC)
6. Lollipop (Judy and Mary)
7. Steam [Oh, Oh, Let Off Steam 12" Mix] (Peter Gabriel)
8. Let It Loose (The Rolling Stones)
9. Stay (David Bowie)
10. Icarus (Borne On Wings of Steel) (Kansas)