Tuesday, July 22, 2008

just some random shots


January 2, 2008 - Hackensack, NJ. Red-nosed VW in the parking lot of Target. I'm sure I could have found a better composition for this subject. You can barely see the antlers. Man, do people go nuts for Christmas.


January 4, 2008 - 175th Street station of the New York Subway system. This far north, I think only the "A" train comes to this station. It's where I go to/get off because it's where the George Washington Bridge is. I take a bus to cross the bridge, or sometimes walk. Why am I talking in the present tense?

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Trimmed and Burning (Built to Spill)
2. Vigil (Fish)
3. Pale (Kristin Hersh)
4. Creatures of Love (Talking Heads)
5. Eleanor Rigby (The Beatles)
6. Imamura Jane (Southern All-Stars)
7. Welcome to the Jungle (Guns 'N Roses)
8. Cracked Actor (David Bowie)
9. Dead End Job (The Police)
10. Trees (live) (Rush)

3 comments:

joyce said...

like it's not bad enough for ppl to dress up their dogs in silly costumes?! now it's their cars??? weird.

Anonymous said...

你好嗎?

Hi,

I just now came across your blog in searching for options to study chinese in Taipei. I'll be poking around your Taiwan blog writings for the next several days, but I would love to contact you further to learn about your experience.

sprintacer-AT-yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

What can I say, it's New Jersey.

Sure, anyone's welcome to pop over here. The main options to study that I know of are Taida and Shida - places where you can get a visa to study.