Wednesday, August 27, 2008


March 9, 2008 - Taipei, Taiwan. Nanjing East Road near the Guangfu North Road intersection. This is my new neighborhood after I moved in the beginning of March. I had been in this area before, albeit rarely, on rides. Needless to say, I never thought I would one day live here.

I had also been here once before to a music venue called "The Living Room", which is across the street directly to the left off this shot. I heard that it was closing soon after I moved here, which peeved me (just my luck), but I think the place has been picked up by new management and will continue having live music.

They're building an MRT (subway) line under Nanjing East Road, and this is a fenced off construciton area. The fencing and traffic lanes are constantly changing to accomodate construction. It makes for hairy riding, so I avoid riding my bike on this road. The line is scheduled for completion in, like, 2013, by which time I certainly hope to be back in the U.S.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Shoot Him (The Sugarcubes)
2. Home Sweet Home (Peter Gabriel)
3. New Jersey (100 Watt Smile)
4. Bitter Memories (Bakufu Slump)
5. Schizophrenia's Weighted Me Down (Cat Power)
6. Beneath, Between and Behind (live) (Rush)
7. The Roof is Leaking (Phil Collins)
8. Every Ghetto Every City (Lauryn Hill)
9. Shulaba La Bamba (Southern All-Stars)
10. No One Has Ever Loved Me ("Passion" - Sondheim)

2 comments:

joyce said...

i was wondering if you were ever moving back to the US. altho, i would definitely wait to see who becomes president before high-tailing back. :P

Anonymous said...

Really? Even McCain is full of surprises. That VP pick took everyone by surprise, and when we ran news of his congratulations to Obama for his nomination, and in particular the historicity of his speech on the anniversary of MLK's "I have a dream" speech, I almost stood up and recited the pledge of allegiance. Alas, there was no U.S. flag within eyeshot.

I don't agree with all of his policies, and definitely not his party, but that's a man with class and character.

Or did you mean Obama? Hahaha!