Wednesday, January 07, 2009
July 7, 2008 - Xindian River, west of Taipei, close to sunset. Missing Summer days in the wet, wet drear of Winter. It's been raining for just several days, definitely not as bad as it has been in previous years, when sometimes it rained for two weeks straight, more or less.
My shoes are supposed to be waterproof. They very prominently claim to be "waterproof", but every time it rains, my feet get wet, so I figured maybe they're waterproof from the inside, so once water gets inside, it can't get out. But recently I looked at the sole of my right shoe and there's a hole in the sole. A small rectangular piece of the rubber sole fell out, so when I walk in the rain, the spongy insole just sucks up water. You know, the man who had no feet doesn't have problems like this.
I think this is the reverse view of the top lomo. I thought they may have been taken a few steps away, but it looks like I might have just turned around and shot the warm evening Summer light. Mmm, Summer.
Sometimes these dark, cold, rainy nights with the constant patter of rain in the alley outside make it feel like Winter will never end. Mmm, patter.
Hey Joyce, check out the Korean hip-hop:
1. Silent Anticipations (Michael Hedges)
2. Aishite Aishite Aichyatta no Yo (Southern All-Stars)
3. It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) (Duke Ellington)
4. Cakewalk Into Town (Taj Mahal)
5. God (Tori Amos)
6. Dazed and Confused (BBC live) (Led Zeppelin)
7. Since I've Been Loving You (BBC live) (Led Zeppelin)
8. Paris (Epik High)
9. Hoshi o Kudasai (The Blue Hearts)
10. Ghost World (acoustic) (Aimee Mann)