Monday, February 09, 2009


July 30, 2008 - Taipei, Taiwan. Tayou Road to the left, Jiankang to the right. Taipei 101 in the distance. This is not far from where I live, so it's my neighborhood. Half mile away. Those overpasses come off a bridge that crosses the Keelung River behind me.

So it's February and the weather has gotten into a drizzly/overcast pattern, but at least the cold has lifted. It's still chilly, but at least it's not cold. It's a relief on the sinuses. I haven't gotten out on my bike since I got new tires with my free NT$3,600 coupons that all Taiwanese got from the government.

My boss at work had a retirement ceremony on Friday, so he's definitely on his way out, but he's still in control for about another month until the new editor-in-chief takes over. I figure I'll really quit about then, too. I tried quitting in November, and I've only stayed on for weekend shifts my boss. I figure I'll be moving to Kaohsiung in the foreseeable future.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Cities in Dust (Siouxsie & the Banshees)
2. Wonderland (XTC)
3. Pug (Smashing Pumpkins)
4. Surly Demise (Shannon Wright)
5. Lazarus Raised (Peter Gabriel - "The Last Temptation of Christ")
6. Fly Me to the Moon (Phase II Steelband)
7. weak (Kaela Kimura)
8. Kouzou no Koushin (Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra)
9. Well-Tempered Clavier Book 1, Prelude #24 in B minor (J.S. Bach)
10. Messin' with the Mekon (Robert Plant)

No comments: