Friday, December 23, 2005
the rest of the way up the west side
November 18, 2005 - Riverside Church is a famous ecumenical church, I think. In standing, it's kinda like Grace Cathedral in San Francisco. The Dalai Lama spoke there once, and it's large enough to be seen clearly from New Jersey. I should try going there once before I leave the area. In the foreground is the West Side Highway south, on which many Volvo wagons drive.
Tennis courts in Fort Washington Park. So autumny...
There's no perfect way to the George Washington Bridge from the riverside path on bike. Either you can leave the path completely between 125th-133rd Streets, ride up to Broadway, and continue up on Broadway or backtrack on 134th St. to Riverside Drive. Or you can continue on the paths and walk your bike up the stairs at 168th Street. Or you can continue all the way through Fort Washington Park, past the George Washington Bridge, and return to surface roads at 181st St. and backtrack to the bridge.
The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Grey Bridge:
current soundtrack: last 10 songs shuffled on iTunes
1. Is There Anybody Out There? (Pink Floyd)
2. Dragon (764-HERO)
3. The Good That Won't Come Out (Rilo Kiley)
4. Now/Later/Soon ("A Little Night Music" - Sondheim)
5. Dandelion Heart (Nokko)
6. Shepherd (BBC Nightride 1970) (Genesis)
7. Please Hello ("Pacific Overtures" - Sondheim)
8. Sweet Georgia Brown (Ella Fitzgerald)
9. Door (Shoukichi Kina)
10. Rebel Music (Bob Marley & the Wailers)