Sunday, December 25, 2005
December 4, 2005 - Shooting outside my window. Winter came early this year. It's not unusual for it to snow this early, but it is unusual for it to stay as long as it did - full coverage for about two weeks in unseasonably cold temperatures until it rained. And the rain didn't even wash it all away, which it should have. Even now there are still isolated mounds of dirty snow on street sides and parking lots, reminiscent of early Spring. But it's not early Spring with warm weather just around the corner, we're just heading into Winter.
December 1, 2005 - A few days before the snow we were in full-on Autumn. That's my high school. Corner of South Woodland and Palisades Avenue.
December 15, 2005 - The day before the big rain was forecast, I went out to shoot some winter and went to the Alpine Lookout off the Palisades Parkway. That road down there is the Hudson River Drive, on which many of my ride lomos were shot. Rte. 9W is up at this altitude, running parallel to the parkway.
1. Where Your Eyes Don't Go (They Might Be Giants)
2. Big Brother (live) (David Bowie)
3. Wait (The Beatles)
4. Tired of Waiting for You (The Kinks)
5. Lonely Butterfly (Rebecca) 80s j-pop band
6. Storm the Gates (Enon)
7. Voodoo Child (live) (Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble)
8. Little Mascara (The Replacements)
9. Supper's Ready (Genesis)
10. Evidence of Autumn (Genesis)