Wednesday, August 16, 2006
not to be bitter or anything
June 1, 2006 - It was still rainy and dreary the first day of my second term studying Mandarin, and would continue to be for some time after. This was the view outside my first classroom, which had a balcony. However, I didn't stay in that class because the teacher was really beyond below what my standards of what a teacher should be. The class I switched to was only marginally better. There are good teachers at this school, the Mandarin Training Center at Shida University, but it's a crap shoot to get one of those teachers.
This view is from the annex campus looking towards the main campus across the street. Not far from here is the campus of Taiwan University (Taida). Taida has a real campus that makes Shida look like a community college. Taida also has a Chinese language program, which costs 3 or 4 times as much as Shida, but from what I hear is light years better than Shida. They must be a bunch of preppies.
1. Kiss Me, Son of God (They Might Be Giants)
2. Misunderstanding (Genesis)
3. Dream On (Aerosmith)
4. A Spring Dawn at the Jade Tower (Gong Yi, Luo Shou-Cheng)
5. The Everlasting Gaze (The Smashing Pumpkins)
6. Angel (Sarah McLachlan)
7. Two of Us (The Beatles)
8. Spin the Black Circle (Pearl Jam)
9. Come Dancing (live) (The Kinks)
10. Learn How (Mission of Burma)