Sunday, June 17, 2007

Finishing up Kaohsiung April 2007

I passed on going to Kaohsiung for the 端午節 holiday.

April 6, 2007 - Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Kaohsiung's version of a "central park". More example of their noble attempts at civic improvement. I'm pretty sure there used to be pretty much nothing here before, so anything's an improvement. It doesn't compare to Taipei's Daan Park, which I used to live across from and vaguely miss - but that's probably the only thing I miss about my old apartment. Again I have to say, Kaohsiung is too hot to enjoy these outdoor spaces. And at night, too many mosquitos. But maybe it would be different if I lived there. And if I had friends.


April 7, 2007 - Creepy realistic dog statue on Wu-fu Road along the Central Park.


Xin Guang Wharf by the famous robot building. Taiwanese are fond of naming their buildings by how many floors they have, making this the 85 building. I think it looks like a robot with 85 floors.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Alabama Song (live) (David Bowie)
2. Mr. P.C. (John Coltrane)
3. Road to Madrid (Seam)
4. Light of the World ("Godspell")
5. Jesus He Knows Me (Genesis)
6. Jockey Full of Bourbon (Tom Waits)
7. Bring the Boys Back Home (Pink Floyd)
8. Trem Two (live) (Mission of Burma)
9. Smile (Pearl Jam)
10. Super-Connected (Belly)

No comments: