Friday, June 29, 2007

Ride up to Maokong


April 21, 2007 - The southern mountains of Taipei are a tea region known as Maokong, and I got the nifty idea to ride up there based on maps. Maps - they don't love you like I love you.

This lomo is not too far up the climb. Freeways going through mountains. I was wondering how that worked from the maps, they don't love you like I love you.


Near the top of the climb, I suppose, looking north at Taipei. There were lots of old people running the mountain on that, a Saturday, morning. Very friendly. They all encouraged me, 加油, as I rode up. A cable car is scheduled to open next week leading up to the Maokong tea region. I rode by the terminal which was still being completed in April. I think it will attract a lot of people to go up there, and it will probably change the character of the region. It was fun riding up, but I will check out the cable car.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Trenchtown Rock (live) (Bob Marley & the Wailers)
2. Let the Loser Melt (Archers of Loaf)
3. Canadian Song (Matt Pond PA)
4. Intruder (Peter Gabriel)
5. Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles)
6. Painted Horses (Mary Timony)
7. Long Distance (The Kinks)
8. Your Dirty Answer (Kristin Hersh)
9. Evacuation (Pearl Jam)
10. Cloudbusting (Kate Bush)

No comments: