Wednesday, June 20, 2007
A simple view out my window
April 18, 2007 - Hsindian, Taiwan, shooting southwest. Fuxing Road below is the street I live on. The overpass is Beixin Road, which becomes Roosevelt Road in Taipei once it crosses the Jingmei River just to the north.
The buildings in the distance on the right hand side is a Tzu Chi hospital. Tzu Chi is a Buddhist organization (more so than a monastery) that emphasizes service as a means towards enlightenment. I think it's a notable and noble way of going about it. So it's neat they have their own hospitals. But I think Christians have been doing this sort of thing for a while now. They just believe in God, not enlightenment.
1. The Lowest Part is Free (live) (Archers of Loaf)
2. Lounge Act (Nirvana)
3. Rafael (Seam)
4. Wrapped Around Your Finger (live) (The Police)
5. Ticket to the Moon (Electric Light Orchestra)
6. F-Encounter (Bootsy Collins)
7. Guiltiness (Bob Marley & the Wailers)
8. Johnsburg, Illinois (live) (Tom Waits)
9. Eraikocha! (Bakufu Slump)
10. Starstruck (The Kinks)