Saturday, January 06, 2007

south


November 11, 2006 - Raised footbridge at the intersection of XinHai Road and XingLong Road in the Wenshan District, south Taipei. I had to ride through a tunnel to get to this area. Fun! (not)


Travelling south on XinHai Road takes you through two tunnels. This is the entrance of the second tunnel. I remember this day as one of the days that Taipei treated me like a bitch. I was out on a ride. When I got here, I noticed these paths along the tunnel entrance and decided to do a little exploring on foot. It turned out to be hiking paths, and that was pleasant enough, except that it started raining, and it was pouring by the time I found my way back to my bike. I abandoned the day's ride and left my bike and took the bus home. I came back the next day to retrieve my bike and continue the ride. I rode through this tunnel, and turned west, crossing the Xindian River, with the idea of going to the Museum of World Religions in Yonghe City, which is where I was hit by a car. No big deal, but getting hit by a stupid driver is never pleasant.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. The Rhythm of Life ("Sweet Charity")
2. No Aloha (The Breeders)
3. Seagulls Screaming Kiss Her, Kisser (XTC)
4. Somebody to Love (Queen)
5. Never Ending Math Equation (Modest Mouse)
6. I Love Paris (Ella Fitzgerald)
7. Truth Hits Everybody (live) (The Police)
8. The Lap of Luxury/Now Wash Your Hands (Marillion)
9. Baby I Love Your Way (live) (Peter Frampton)
10. War (Edwin Starr)

2 comments:

joyce said...

i can't believe you got hit by a car. i hope you were wearing a helmet!

Anonymous said...

of course I wasn't wearing a helmet! I'm principally opposed to wearing a helmet. or not. But it was slow speed and I didn't hit my head, so it's OK.

Don't you know I also have a hard skull? There was one time I crashed riding to BAL and hit the back of my head really hard and blacked out for maybe 15-20 seconds. I continued on to work and no one noticed anything! I remember Eric promptly came over to my cube and continued to try to convince me he was gay. I wish he'd come out of the closet and just admit he's straight.