Thursday, August 16, 2007
Hee, so here's the new bike, this lomo taken just because I mentioned it in my last post and I was near the end of the roll in the 2.
It's a Giant OCR2 entry level road bike that I got for the equivalent for less than US$500. It's about the equivalent of my Peugeot in the U.S. that I bought for, I think, $700, and I think the OCR2 sells for $7-800 in the U.S.
I've already replaced the brake pads, which almost all user reviews agree feel "mushy" (I agree), and I'll probably replace the rear tire to natural rubber which has better grip. I already experienced riding down a mountain on a wet road, and faced with uphill car traffic, I jammed on the brakes and felt the rear wheel slide some indeterminate distance. It felt like six inches, but whatever it was, rear wheel lateral slide doesn't instill confidence!
1. School (live) (Nirvana)
2. Get A Hold (A Tribe Called Quest)
3. Addison's City ("Bounce" - Sondheim)
4. Fishing Blues (Taj Mahal)
5. In the Neighborhood (Tom Waits)
6. Red Rain (live) (Peter Gabriel)
7. Phenomena (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
8. Headlong (Queen)
9. Yesterday (The Beatles - Anthology)
10. Width of a Circle (live) (David Bowie)