Thursday, August 09, 2007

法鼓山 I


June 17, 2007 - Jinshan, Taiwan. Taoist temple on the side road leading towards Dharma Drum Mountain Monastery.


Dharma Drum Mountain logo. This actually came before the Taoist temple above. It's on the main road to indicate the side road to get to the road that goes to the monastery.

I went to visit this monastery on a whim. Sort of, I decided I'd try to go the night before. From Taipei main station, the bus ride took like an hour and a half or more. I don't think it's that far, it's just that the bus stops a lot of times. I also didn't know the bus goes all the way to the monastery and only got a ticket to Jinshan city, and then walked, not knowing how to get there. With the help of bus maps and finally this big stone piece, I was able to find it no problem.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Rosie (Tom Waits)
2. Take Me To the River (live) (Talking Heads)
3. Hole In My Life (live) (The Police)
4. I Would Love To (Steve Vai)
5. Hold Me Now (Elastica)
6. Tokyo No Onna (Shiina Ringo)
7. Cousin Kevin (The Who)
8. Lime House (The Breeders)
9. Cherry Tree (10,000 Maniacs)
10. Crying Like a Church On Monday (New Radicals)

No comments: