Thursday, August 23, 2007

recent classmates


July 2, 2007 - Well, the last day of the semester is tomorrow, but here are the classmates I've hung out occasionally with this semester. This is in front of the main library with the sun setting behind palm trees. Santi, from Thailand, is on the left. We might stay in contact. On the right is Yumi, from Japan. I wouldn't mind staying in contact, but my sense is probably not.


July 4, 2007 - At a Dante's coffeehouse on the Taida campus. I took two shots of this scene. The multiple exposure shot didn't come out. This is the long exposure shot with me holding the 2 pretty still and Yumi not moving at all. I think she's good at that. I have other low light shots of her in perfect focus because she wasn't moving. Danila, from Russia, already went back to his country earlier this week. He had to go finish college. Oy!

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Strings of Love (Edie Brickell & New Bohemians)
2. Romance in New York (Takeshi Yamaguchi)
3. White Pepper Ice Cream (Cibo Matto)
4. Strangled By the Stereo Wire (live) (Archers of Loaf)
5. Electioneering (Radiohead)
6. If I Could Talk I'd Tell You (The Lemonheads)
7. Three Hopeful Thoughts (Rilo Kiley)
8. Gold Rush Brides (10,000 Maniacs)
9. Cantata: Iphigenia in Brooklyn (P.D.Q. Bach)
10. Meeting Across the River (Bruce Springsteen)

1 comment:

joyce said...

for some reason, it's hard for me to imagine all those palm trees in taiwan. i guess it's an island, so can be considered tropical? :)

sfgate had a pic of the riots in taipei. something about ppl not wanting pork from the US, and ppl throwing pig feces? yuck, stay away from that!